Lemon oil has been historically recognized as a cleanser. It reached the height of its fame when the British Navy used lemon to counteract the effects of scurvy. This citrus fruit is energizing, cooling, and promotes mental clarity.
- Botanical Name: Citrus limon
- Origin: Argentina
- Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
- Plant Part: Fruit Peel
- Plant Description: A small thorny evergreen tree with round yellow fruits.
- Aroma: Strong bright lemony scent
- Note: Top
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Clear to greenish yellow
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Citronella, Coriander, Geranium, Lavender, Lemongrass, Lime, Neroli, Palmarosa, , Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetiver
- Main Constituents: Limonene, β-pinene, γ-terpinene
- Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes, consult doctor before use
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes, consult doctor before use
- Cat Safe: No
- Dog Safe: Yes
- Special Dilution Rate: 5% or less
- More Safety Info: This oil is phototoxic when used on the skin at dilution rates higher than 2.5% (12 drops/ounce carrier oil). Storage life up to 2 years.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Lemon Essential Oil
Fruit and Veggie Wash
- Bowl of cool water (approximately 2 quarts)
- 5-6 drops Castile Soap
- 2 drops Lemon Essential Oil
Soak produce for 20-30 seconds, then rinse. Drain or pat dry.
- ½ cup Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Dish Soap
- 1 tbsp Peroxide
- 8 drops Lemon Essential Oil
Stir well to combine. Use to shine stainless steel sink or remove labels from glass jars.